The main objective of WP3 is the selection of blood samples from allergic patients to BLC, and the preparation/ evaluation of the antigenic determinant reagents required for setting up the allergy diagnostic test.
The specific objectives are:
1. Recruitment of allergic patients to BLC (patients and controls)
2. Isolation and characterization of IgEs to be used as standards
3. Selection and synthesis of antigenic determinants for the pool of BLC, which will be used as capture probes to recognize specific IgEs
4. Production and preparation of IgE receptors, enzymatic markers, and auxiliary reagents
5. Screening the determinant candidates and establishment of anchoring modes on the compact disc substrate